Category management, the concept of managing categories as strategic business units, helps retailers build a sustainable competitive advantage and prioritize investments by taking customer needs into account
From data analysis to local implementation, Snipeet pragmatically supports retailers in their transformation program.
In a highly unstable economy and fierce competition, Category management is about finding out what the consumer wants and providing a better shopping experience than competitors.
With the right category management in place, the customer receives the right assortment offering with optimal prices at the right placements in stores.Keys drivers
for successful category management are:
- Being consumer-driven
- Encouraging cooperation between departments
- Developing relationships with suppliers that are more integrated and effective and less transaction-oriented: more about innovation and value creation for the customer
Improvements in category management represent a huge source of benefits for retailers. By fulfilling all required elements of customer-centric category management, increased sales and profits can be achieved.Our approach
Our strong belief is that a successful category management improvement program requires facts analysis, clear guidelines, and structured processes rather than on old habits or intuitions.
Therefore, our approach combines a deep understanding of retail processes, best practices, and Retailer knowledge along with data analysis.
- Increased omnichannel sales and turnover by improving customer satisfaction
- Optimized profitability (supplier negotiation, stock, margin)
- Stock level optimization in every distribution channel by rationalization and reduction of unsold stock